Lady Gaga is making her acting debut in American Horror Story: Hotel this week. She plays a blood guzzling countess.

LADY Gaga is just 29-years-old but says her years in the limelight make her feel elderly.

“I have been in the business since I was 15, and although I have been famous for only seven years and lived 29, I feel like I have lived 100 years,” she told news.com.au, smiling. “And I feel f**king old.”

The showbiz veteran admitted she used these feelings to portray a 100-year-old blood-guzzling creature, The Countess, in her acting debut on the fifth series of American Horror Story.

Although this is her first ever onscreen performance, the larger-than-life star has a reputation for transforming herself into different characters.

“I studied method acting for almost ten years. I studied [Lee] Strasberg, the version that makes people roll their eyes.” She laughs, acknowledging the possible pretentiousness of her statement. “Arguably, it’s the most dangerous form of acting, where you embrace becoming the character and you embrace calling upon memory sensory from your life. It’s powerful and it takes you back implicitly to a place that you remember as a child. It’s very strong.”

Not only using her emotional experiences, the Grammy award winner said she tried to physically transform herself into her character each day.

“I become The Countess in the car on my way to work. I put fishnet on my face and red lipstick on and I read my lines. I am always prepared before I come to the trailer. And when I go home at night, I do my best to let go of her in order to become what I am for my family, my friends and my lover.”

A picture Lady Gaga posted to her Instagram account of herself on the American Horror Story set.
 Arguably one of the world’s most polarising stars, Lady Gaga was born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. She grew up in Manhattan, the eldest of three children raised by her father, an internet entrepreneur, and her mother, who worked in telecommunications. She attended a strict Catholic school and has described her formative years as ones “not fitting in.” At age 20, she made good use of those angst-ridden feelings of alienation to become the eccentric Lady Gaga.

“I did feel very isolated as a young person, and not because I was alone or abandoned by my family, it’s just a chemical thing. Some kids are born like that. We don’t know why we feel lonely, but we do. It’s like depression but it’s not because someone neglected me. I grew up in a very disciplined household. I played piano when I was four. I sat at it and I started to play it,” she recalls.

“Did my parents then say to me that we are giving you lessons? Yes. And then when I tried to stop playing they said, ‘You can sit there for an hour and practise, or you can sit there for two and not practise.’

“But was I abused when I was older? Yes, but not by my family,” she says, her voice trailing off. (Gaga revealed to Howard Stern last year she was raped as a 19-year-old. Her song, Swine is about the incident.)

It seems that she found a kindred spirit in American Horror Story creator, Ryan Murphy. Her eyes well up when she says, “It’s destiny. With Ryan, soulmate feels like too small of a word because it implies it’s someone with whom you will spend the rest of your life. But I know that with Ryan, through this role, he gave me a sense of self beyond what I believed I was. There have been people who have truly believed in me, but they have also betrayed me. A couple of years ago people were making fun of me but he believed in me,” she says with intensity. “So playing this role is a dream come true.”

 Lady Gaga with executive producer/director/writer Ryan Murphy, who she says she’s grateful to for giving her a sense of self-belief.

Speaking to news.com.au from Los Angeles, the pop superstar appears understatedly elegant. Dressed in a long-sleeved black Tom Ford dress, her platinum blonde hair and her makeup natural, she looks alarmingly sedate for a star famed for wearing raw meat and dressing as a giant egg.

In person, she’s also a surprise — seemingly much less self-absorbed than your run-of-the-mill celebrity. Integrity is clearly important to her and extends to the way in which she treats her staff. “I dislike saying, ‘my assistant.’ It feels disgusting to say that I have an assistant, coming from someone who grew up in a walk-up on the Lower East Side with nothing.”

Far from her humble beginnings, she has consistently made the Forbes magazine rich list, with reported earnings this year alone in excess of $80 million. “My parents lost their jobs after September 11 and we had to start over. Now I feel like whatever was taken from my family is being given back to them through me.”

Engaged to longtime boyfriend, actor Taylor Kinney (The Vampire Diaries), the couple live in her Manhattan penthouse apartment. “I’ve been living as a glamorous groupie from the 70s since I was 18 years old, and that’s a part of me,” she says.

Love her or hate her, Lady Gaga is decidedly unique. “I am my best when I am myself. That’s what I teach my fans. It’d be bulls**t if I was doing anything else.”

Lady Gaga is engaged to actor Taylor Kinney

Source : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/lady-gaga-goes-method-for-her-gruesome-acting-debut/story-fni0cc2a-1227566569319

Note : If there any complain from author about the post then the post will be remove.

0 comments:

Post a Comment